All this rain is bringing bugs out of every crevice. In the last 3 days I'm finding bugs in the milkroom, in feed buckets, and yesterday ... in the greenhouse. The greenhouse has been severely neglected so far this summer while I've been busy with other projects. Yesterday I decided to go out and work on the aquaponics system; until I noticed a squatter in the hut. By the way, she was moving the web herself....there was no wind.
This thing was huge, and so was her web. I know garden spiders aren't dangerous, but she took up so much room in the greenhut we relocated her. Especially since according to this website....she's thinking about reproducing soon. Yep, she was cool and all, but she's been moved!
Then today the rabbit pen has been invaded by winged ants. All I can figure is that the rain has brought them above ground.
They are on every surface in the rabbit pen, even in the water bucket.
That's the doorway of the milk room. These things must be stopped. The milk room is now covered in a layer of citronella oil.
First it was June bugs flying into the box fan and now this.
Yep, it's Summertime!





2 comments:
Summer in Texas is not my favorite time of year. The rest of the year pretty much is. Love spring for flowers. Love fall for colors and food. Love winter for the holidays. The bugs might be my least favorite part of summer. Yuck! John enjoys identifying them though.
I'm with you, I'd rather skip the bugs. Beetles are really bad this year and they constantly get on me while I'm milking in the evening. They give me the creeps.
Post a Comment