I was gifted some figs this morning so I decided to make one of my favorites, spiced fig jam. These figs were pretty ripe so I had to get them done today.
I start by pulling off the stems and running them through the food processor on pulse just enough to chop them up good.
From there I put the puree into a heavy deep saucepan and then add spices. My favorites are cinnamon, nutmeg (fresh ground), and especially clove. I also add a couple of capfuls of lemon juice and a splash of vanilla extract.
Then I add sugar and bring the whole batch to a boil. Boil until it reaches 200º.
Then put it in jars and process in a BWB for 10 minutes.
That partial jar in front is going on some home made bread one day this week. Am hoping to make a batch of chevre to go with it. Not much better than this!





No comments:
Post a Comment