Saturday, July 13, 2013

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

To say that we've had a crazy year would be an understatement.  I can't ever remember a busier year, or one that we worked as hard.  But we have also been blessed.  Every time I get to the point of throwing in the towel, God gives me a reason to smile.  Hard work always pays off.  It's good for the body, mind, and soul.
Just as we finished kidding season, we were blessed with a litter of Anatolian puppies.
9 of the finest puppies that one could ask for.
Every one showed good instinct and characteristics that you look for in a quality Livestock Guardian dog.
They have all gone to their new homes, all but one.  Faruk is staying here.
He's been my favorite since the moment I first saw them.  He reminds me so much of his dad Aegis.  I hope he will grow to be the same caliber of dog.  Faruk means "able to distinguish between right and wrong". 
Not only have we added another dog to our pack, we've also kept 11 of our goat kids this year....including 3 bucklings.  Just call me crazy.  I know.
Kidding season began with the birth of Holly....
and concluded with little miss Honey Pie...
We also welcomed a new addition to our family on June 25, a new grandson, Zachariah...
and speaking of reaping blessings, here's my other reason for the lack of posting...
Lots going on, lots of plans in the works....I will try to catch up soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hen-pecking on the keyboard. glad to see you back! you've been running around like crazy! glad those puppies all found homes! congratulations on that brand new bundle of joy in the family!

Queenacres said...

Teresa glad to see you feeling well enough for hen-pecking! Praying for you to heal quickly!!