Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fame

About 5 weeks ago Fame foundered.  Weeks of treatment did very little to relieve her pain.
We made the decision that enough was enough.

I am very thankful that we have her daughter in our herd to carry on....but she will be missed.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh how sad, sorry for you loss :(at least you still have a part of her

MyAdventure;MyLife said...

so sorry....

Unknown said...

So sorry, Hon. 2 years seems to feel like you're being downright cheated out of so much fun that could have been had by all. I can relate to that one. We head out to butcher with Killian in 12 days now. :(

Queenacres said...

Teresa, I thought of Killian when we had to put Fame down. Her feet progressed so quickly there was just no fixing them and no relief for her. It was one of those times it just had to be done...if it wasn't for this heat and the drugs she was on we probably would have harvested the meat.
Just know that Killian had a great life and that it's not all for nothing.