Not that I can let something like that stop me from canning. It must be done, I NEED those quick meals in a jar...not to mention that if something goes on sale that I can preserve ... I buy in bulk and put it up!
So to recap.
First it was a 16 bean mixture with keilbalsa. 12 pints 2 quarts.
Then I moved on to pinto beans and black beans...with sausage of course. 13 pints 1 quart of pintos, 3 pints black beans.
And then I got creative for the grand finale of bean week. I had 2 bags of the 16 bean soup mix so I decided to make soup! I started with sautee-ing onion, celery, garlic, venison ham, pork ham, and smoked sausage.
Then covered all that with water and seasoned to make a yummy broth. I put my prepared beans (see previous post) in the jars, then added the broth/meat/veggie mixture. Canned for 90 mins at 10# and now I have 11 quarts of yummy bean soup!
Now to see what will be on sale this week!



No comments:
Post a Comment