Faith's daughter, Fiona is a very big girl for her age, always has been. Like now she is 87# as a 6 month old. But a few months ago before we moved Frodo to the buck pen, we were afraid that they had bred before getting him away from her. So since I was pulling blood from all the babies to do their annual CAE testing, I decided to go ahead and have a pregnancy test (BioPryn) done on her. I am VERY pleased to say that she is NOT pregnant.....so hopefully her growth rate will continue and she can be bred later in the year!
All of the turkeys that we are planning to sell for the year have been sold! That brings us one step closer to fall!! The birds that remain will either be butchered this fall or held over as breeders. God has really blessed our turkeys this year. We've moved them to the growing pen and hopefully by Sept/Oct they will be moved on to the freezer.
3 comments:
YEAH!! I had oopsie breeeding one year. Its was twin 4 month old sister that got bred. They did fine and still grew but would not ever willingly repeat that!
Yea it is a nervewracking thing for sure. I'd have been even been more worried if she wasn't so big. I've also kept her on milk until the diagnosis came. HAH now I have a 6 month old nearly 100 pound baby hollering for her milk bucket!
Hey just found your blog thanks to the talented Tonia referral. Loved the info on your rabbit raising. It is one of our animals we will be raising when we go 100% sustainable.
Post a Comment