Then you run the orange peel through your grinder or food processor until it is pulverized ..... and put it into a large stock pot with 5 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and boil it for 20 minutes. Add the pulp and boil for another 20 minutes. Then add the other main ingredients....Except the nuts.
Lime juice, ground raisins, and sugar is added....and cook for about 30 minutes....
And our flavoring profile......I used a 2" cinnamon stick, 1/2 tsp ground clove, and 1/2 cup Grand Marnier....For the nuts....I'm using walnuts. Anyone remember these lovely choppers? I LOVE mine and use it all the time. It's efficient at it's job, has a measurement in the bottom catch jar, and uses 0 electricity!
While the conserve is still boiling, I very lightly toast the nuts in a sautee pan to bring out their flavor....then mix them into the main pot. Bring it all to a full rolling boil and ladle into hot sterile jars......Process them in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes and then let them cool!
What a shame....we made 6 pints....with enough left over to put some into a lonely jar. Guess we'll try it on chicken tonight!
For the full recipe, click here.







No comments:
Post a Comment