They were around 10# each, totalling about 31 1/2 pounds. I removed the skin, fat, and bones....and cut the meat into chunks. The skin and fat can be fed to the chickens...the bones will be used for beans.
I added boiling water to the jars, capped them, and have 3 canner loads running now. In all, it made:
6 quarts
8 pints
11 half-pints
All 3 canners going full blast in my kitchen. I will be SO GLAD when the burn ban is lifted! Please pray that we will get rain. But for now, I'll keep canning!


6 comments:
I love that Idea!! I should try that sometime.Do you put any kind of Liquid in with it? Do you can any other types of meat?
Tonia I can just about everything from meatballs to chicken breast. I can steak (or roasts) with tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions that turns into a quick meal once wrapped in a tortilla and sprinkled with cheese.
What a great idea. I never thought of canning ham! I will definitely be canning some now. Thanks for the idea.
well, i'll be. whodah thunk it. shudda known. will be canning turkey ham the next time it goes on sale. as ever, you da woman! e
OOOOOOOOOOO look at my chickory blossom's picture!!!!!!!!!!
{{{{{{big cheesy grin}}}}}}
owe it all to you!
Chicklet, can you imagine what kinda big cheesy grins we'd see if Chickory Blossom and Ditto ever had babies?
Post a Comment