Friday, May 25, 2012

Bad Dog Big Stink

With temps in the 90's this week, anything outside that smells bad.....smells REALLY bad.
So my bucks have decided that it's time to come into rut.  We haven't even finished kidding season yet for crying out loud.  Fortunately none of the girls are coming into heat yet so I'm hoping that the boys settle back down soon.

I guess Aegis saw this as some sort of competition, so he went out to find his own stink.  If you have Anatolian Shepherds you know what I'm talking about here.  They find things.  Odd things.  And they bring things home.  A few months back they brought home a boot.  A couple days later they brought home a pair of jeans.  I told them then and there if there was a body attached they could leave it.
Apparently my dogs aren't the only LGD's that do this.  One day I was blog surfing and found a blog that was having a contest for the oddest things your LGD dragged home.  It wasn't long after that the boys drug home a cow leg. 

This morning Aegis was patiently waiting at the gate to be let in.
He had a distinctive "air" about him and it didn't take long to figure out why.
A couple of weeks ago the folks down the road had a big wedding reception at their house.  They butchered the fatted calf in preparation.
Guess who found their offal pile.
Nothing like the smell of a rotting cow hide on a hot summer day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL But he's just bringing gifts home to ya'! Ain't that love!!

jean said...

Yeah, doggies just love stinky things. Don't we all just love it.

Tonia said...

But he is just SHARING!!! lol.. Oh ick on the smell...