Thursday, May 24, 2012

Deep Dish and Other Ramblings

I am thrilled to announce that I was able to pick the first cucumber of the year!
That may seem like a simple feat, but believe me it's no easy task getting a garden to grow with all our garden munchers.  I can't think of a better summer time snack than a freshly picked cucumber that has been chilled to icey perfection.  Yum.
And hopefully there are many more on the way...
The Japanese Eggplant are working on their first blossoms....I can't wait to see them unfold.
Bob and I were out and about over the weekend and stumbled across this shipping crate next to a dumpster...
I've got a primer coat on it now....it will be a potato bed when I'm finished with it.
Meanwhile, MoonPie is still baking her little buns....she is now a deep dish Pie...
...pictures just don't do justice to her extraordinary girth...
I mentioned something about needing to put some goats at mom's to trim the grass and the monster kids got the wrong idea.
Note that the princess is in the driver's seat.  Of course.
And as much as I always dread dealing with first freshener's udders....I couldn't be happier than I am with Filly's.  She is raising her kid plus I'm milking her and she's at about 4# a day already.  I can't wait to see how she does once he's weaned.  How's this for a picture perfect first freshener!?!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It's always like having tons off-loaded when ya' get a smooth-sailing result showing up to help by "an udder!" Those cucumbers make me sigh! Gosh, I hope we're able to get our raised boxes built this year.

by Chickory Blossom said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!! DEEP DISH PIE!!!!!! i can't breathe.
She is her mama's girl.

Queenacres said...

I noticed you scanned right over the Princess. That goat is YOURS, get ready. You should take her with you on the cruise. She would be so well mannered. Unlike the MONSTER girls that are her sisters and their adopted brother.

I'll take the deep dish mamas. By the way, she's growing by the day and I still see no reason to think they will be here soon (like today)

Mama Mess said...

Oh my that is a gorgeous udder!!!!