Saturday, May 5, 2012

Queenacres Faith Hill

Faith is my favorite goat.  She's probably the most favorite goat I've ever had, and that's saying something to beat out my first milk doe, Nestlee.
I was thinking about things this evening as I was trying to justify not doing milking because I am very tired and it's been a very trying week.  It's been a very trying month.
I did the milking and the chores because that is what has to be done.  It is not usual that I dread chores, in fact I enjoy the work and I am very grateful to God that I am able to do them.
It seems that many folks these days are trying to be more "self sufficient" and more and more of them are finding out how difficult homesteading really is. 
I truely love what I do, and believe that it is a calling.  Some days are easier and full of joy, some times it is difficult and I am tired.
When you have animals that you love and are faithful it makes things easy.  My Faith Hill (named because when we bought her she was a skinny white girl with blond hair and a lot of potential...plus she had an angry case of footrot and walked on her knees) reminds me every day that you have to press on.  She's always been steady, the herd queen and she takes her job very seriously....from looking after babies, stomping at pushy dogs, throwing the barn cat across the milking barn when he doesn't get outta her way, or just softly humming to me when I rest my head on her side as I am milking her.  I hope that every homestead has a Faith.  I hope I always have one.

3 comments:

jean said...

Homesteading is a lot of work but, we too enjoy it and find the results of the work very rewarding, including milking our own goat, Farina. She is much like your Faith and we enjoy having her. How the Lord blesses!

Queenacres said...

Amen!

by Chickory Blossom said...

Long live the queen!!!