There are reasons to appreciate a bad drought.
The biggest reason that I can think of.....bugs.
In the midst of a drought you have very few internal and/or external parasites.
The drought is over.
The bugs are here.
During the drought I could not collect mealworms to feed the chickens...now I have them by the buckeloads.
During the drought the soil dried up and died, now it it teeming with life and the garden is blooming.
So are the fleas.
We have many dogs. On each dog are many fleas.
I could have taken pictures of our little soldiers as they got their flea dips and the house was stripped from top to bottom and run through the washing machine. But they would probably never speak to me again.
The war is on.
4 comments:
Horse Apples... You're gonna need em. Hopefully, the drought didn't hamper those coming out this year.
Well... We are headed that way it seems... I am trying to be postive but we usually have LOTS of rain in May and we have had little to no rain.. Its very dry and rivers are already a little low..
It looks like August instead of May...
Oh Tonia I hope you don't get it as bad as we did last year. It was a nightmare.
Me too.. People are already panicking.. Everyone I see has gotten a good hay crop though so far due to the warmer spring we had. So that should help if it does happen..
Post a Comment