Saturday, April 21, 2012

Angel's Day

This morning Angel was giving me tell-tale signs that she noted the date on the calendar and is preparing to have her babies within the next 24 hours.  So I moved her to the day spa and began serving treats and answering every call.
This will be an interesting kidding.  She was NOT supposed to have babies this year.  Last year she had monster triplet bucklings and we nearly lost her.  This year she was supposed to take a vacation from the milkstand....but she had other plans.
On one of my trips tending to her I decided that she needed her day of beauty.....and gave her a good haircut.
I'm not sure she was too happy about having contractions along with her hairdo....but she sure appreciated the cookies.  By the way, that beautiful udder is the reason we kept her son last year....not bad for a 6 year old!
Of course once the haircut and photoshoot was done....she was outta here...
No thank you, no tip......
"Just show me to my room now"...
"What time will dinner be served?"
Oh yea, she knows she is royalty.  She was Legacy's firstborn daughter.

This is a 'whodunnit' breeding; 149 days ago both Manny and Pete escaped from the buck pen.  The kids could be either Pete's or Manny's or BOTH.  Since we don't have any of Angel's daughters in our herd, if she has a really nice girl that we plan to keep...it'll have to be DNA tested before we register her.  I'm pretty sure I can guess the sire when I see the kids, but we won't register them without the test for verification.  I'm about 90% sure that they are Manny's...since Pete was on the other side of the yard on that fateful day.  Her 2011 triplets were by Pete.

Right now I'm just praying that everyone comes out safely and that Angel recovers quickly.  It will be a long day and night!

3 comments:

~*~ Shar ~*~ said...

I hope she has (had?) an easy time of it and they aren't big boys again!!!

Unknown said...

Somehow... that song, " Down on The Boondocks " popped inside my head. LOL Can't wait to see those photos. Gotta feelin' Mother Nature and the sense of temptation that takes over during those hormonal episodes can produce some gorgeous surprises!

Tonia said...

She is beautiful... Very nice udder for a 6yr old!! I hope things go well and she has a easy delivery..