Despite having 17 or 18 tornadoes within 200 miles of us yesterday.....we are having a very nice spring!
We've been incubating eggs for nearly 2 months now, and have about 20 ducklings hatched from our single pair of ducks (pictured above)
We've got new ones hatching every day, then they graduate to an outside portable pen...
The oldest of the ducklings are already beginning to feather...and should be in the freezer by the end of May....
We've only managed to hatch out 2 turkey poults so far this year, I'm hoping that they will pick up by summer. The turkey poults both started frail and weak...
Speaking of hatching.....one of our own meat birds has decided to go broody! This is a first for these birds, and I'm thrilled that she's trying...
We've got some nice Buttercrunch lettuce in a container that is ready to begin harvesting....
The beets are coming along nicely...I'll be pickling these in a few weeks...
And I'm trying something new this year.....I'm going to try to grow cucumbers in a hanging basket. I'm anxious to see if this will work so that I won't have to use garden space for pickling cukes.
Some of the herbs are starting to flower....the garlic has just sent up it's flower pods...
The sage is in full bloom....this is one of my favorites....since it smells as good as it looks.
And my last surviving Rue has bloomed....I love these delicate flowers!
And the not-so-delicate flower Angel made it through the storms without turning loose of her kids. She's still got 2 weeks to go and the misery index increases by the day...
The babies have graduated to spending the daytime mingling with the herd, I'm hoping that the grown ladies will teach them some manners....so far though the kids just take turns climbing on the now downed split oak...
And Lace is very thoughtfully reminding me that she hasn't yet had her day of beauty. I think she's feeling a bit neglected....













2 comments:
Full Moon... get ready for it to turn and keep your eyes glued to that girl! Glad y'all didn't get hit too badly from those storms. I was just stunned.
Surely Lace will wait patiently...if not remind her that I will be happy to come do it, instead!
Post a Comment