This morning was a beautiful warm spring morning, one that inspired me to take mom and go for a drive. And since I need some more feed barrels, we took a drive out to see our old barrel man.
It has been a number of years since we've needed new feed barrels, so we haven't seen him in some time.
We've bought barrels from him for years.
I never knew his name.
I don't know what has happened with him.
He was the kind of man that accepted a deal on a handshake if you have a small truck and have to make many trips.
1 comment:
He was truly the last of a breed. Not only was your word your bond with the barrel man, trust was king. If he couldn't be there to make a transaction, he would tell you to come get what you needed, and shove the federal reserve notes through the mail slot.
One time i shoved apple pie through the mail slot with my payment. Still hope it landed right side up.
Post a Comment